Can someone tell me how old my silkies are?

pvsmiths

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 16, 2010
Englewood
Just got these cuties. The lady says they were born before Easter, but I don't know about that. They hardly move at all, eyes are dark, and only peep and, well, "pur". They are much too small to put with my 2 regular size hens
I am new to this sight, but will try to post a pic now. Here goes...
60714_img_2026.jpg

5 -6 months? Wow! I hope mine are younger, I would like for them to be able to free range with my other two standard hens.

They are cute, aren't they? So sweet. Haven't named them yet. Maybe Ebony & Ivory, maybe Salt & peppa... will wait to see their personalities.

Thanks for your help!!

I can't guess as to age, but I can say that my silkies are tiny - even full grown. Top weight is around 2-3 lbs at a year old for one and about 3 for the other two.

But I would tend to concur with the 3-5 month age ... mine looked like that at about that age from what I remember ...but no matter - 3 months - 5 months - those two ages are relatively close in the overall scheme of things. All it'll change is the estimate of when they will start to lay.

So cute ! I have three white - and 4 chicks that are b/b/s - I think one is black, two blues and one splash - but won't know for sure till they feather out.
smile.png

I like the name possibilities though !

Mine are quiet -

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom