Can someone tell me if I am correct with the breeds I think I have

the white one looks like an Easter Egger, but I am not good at chickens, so there are prably more than just EE's that have the cheek fluff. lol

Hmmm I was pretty sure that was the kinds that the feed store told us we picked. This whole time I actually thought we had a Buff Orpington and I just now searched for pics of those and they are tan so I thought well maybe the lady didn't actually say Buff and it's just a White Orpington. Maybe a baby chick picture would help narrow it down?

my neighbor just got an easter egger , and the white one looks like an EE and the red one looks like a red sex link . new to this too , but have done TONS of research lol

The white one is an Easter Egger (the greenish legs are a dead giveaway).
It's impossible to say with the red one as I cannot see its tail feathers. If it has good deal of black feathers in its tail, it's a hatchery grade Rhode Island Red hen. If it has a lot of white feathers in its tail, it's a Red Sex Link hen. If it has neither a lot of black or white feathers in its tail, it's a Production Red hen.

she definitely has black tail feathers so I guess we do have a RIR. I am very surprised to know we got an EE, it will be fun to see the blue/green eggs. The feed store that we got them from had a whole bunch of chicks and said there were 5 different breeds but it definitely did not list EE as a possibility so I'm very surprised. The EE started out as the biggest of the bunch and she is now one of the smallest. She's also been quite the trouble maker, she was given the nickname trouble early on. Although she is very skiddish and makes such a fuss whenever anyone goes to touch or hold her. She's fun to have though!

Good to know Michael. Whatever color it is we will be happy... I'm glad to know we will get a different color than brown from one of ours. All our others lay brown eggs. May be easier to tell which ones belong to which hen if there's a variety.

Back
Top Bottom