Can someone tell me if my temperature is good or if it needs adjusting?

paxfarms

Songster
Aug 7, 2018
Eggs went into the incubator at 2AM Tuesday morning. The temperature went pretty crazy yesterday, but I was able to stay on top of the incubator and make adjustments up and down to keep the temperature in a good range until the eggs heated to a good temperature. I've got a bulb thermometer sitting on top of the eggs, a digital thermometer/hygrometer wedged between eggs in the egg turner, and a digital thermometer/hygrometer on the wire floor. The floor thermometer is reading 96.4 and 47%, the thermometer wedged between eggs is reading 101.5 and 56%, but the bulb thermometer on top is reading 106.

I ran the incubator for 2 days before putting eggs in. All the thermometers were placed on top of the egg turner. The temperature was stable at 100 degrees and humidity was 57-60%. What I didn't think about was that after I put the eggs in, the thermometers would have to be moved so that the thermometers don't slip and slide and break the eggs as they are being turned.

Does it sound like I need to change anything? That 106 reading has got me worried.

Eggs went into the incubator at 2AM Tuesday morning. The temperature went pretty crazy yesterday, but I was able to stay on top of the incubator and make adjustments up and down to keep the temperature in a good range until the eggs heated to a good temperature. I've got a bulb thermometer sitting on top of the eggs, a digital thermometer/hygrometer wedged between eggs in the egg turner, and a digital thermometer/hygrometer on the wire floor. The floor thermometer is reading 96.4 and 47%, the thermometer wedged between eggs is reading 101.5 and 56%, but the bulb thermometer on top is reading 106.

I ran the incubator for 2 days before putting eggs in. All the thermometers were placed on top of the egg turner. The temperature was stable at 100 degrees and humidity was 57-60%. What I didn't think about was that after I put the eggs in, the thermometers would have to be moved so that the thermometers don't slip and slide and break the eggs as they are being turned.

Does it sound like I need to change anything? That 106 reading has got me worried.
Is your incubator a still air model or a forced air model? In a still air incubator, the temperature should be measured at the top of the eggs. If it is a forced air incubator the temperature can be measured in the air flow.

Before starting, you should have calibrated your thermometers so that you would know which ones you can trust. If your thermometer that reads 106°F is accurate, your eggs are dead. If it is inaccurate, and the other thermometers are correct, your eggs are fine.

Back
Top Bottom