Can someone tell me which is Cockrell or pullet thanks

It's okay.
Aren't barred rocks usually more stripe-y looking too? Or does it vary by hatchery/breeder? Their feathers look soooo identical to my cuckoo marans. Photo attached. I think they were about 5 weeks here?

But I would say they all look like pullets, whichever they are. I don't see any big variation in feather color or huge/pink combs.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210227-125458_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210227-125458_Gallery.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 6
Aren't barred rocks usually more stripe-y looking too? Or does it vary by hatchery/breeder? Their feathers look soooo identical to my cuckoo marans. Photo attached. I think they were about 5 weeks here?

But I would say they all look like pullets, whichever they are. I don't see any big variation in feather color or huge/pink combs.
Yes mine look exactly like yours

Are you sure they are barred rock? They look EXACTLY like my cuckoo marans pullets did at that age. Couldn't tell from the photos if their legs are yellow or white (pinkish white) base color.

But barred rock pullets usually have stronger barring. And pretty bright yellow legs.

If they are cuckoo marans, that is a very cool breed. We love ours. They take a bit longer to lay, but you get medium to dark brown eggs...we get one apiece almost every day from each of our ladies.

But I would guess all pullets. A teeny bit of variation is normal. Males are pretty significantly lighter - and are usually sexed out at birth since they are born with different color feathers.
I got these 10 bird from Hoover Hatchery I order 10 black Australorp , after week 2 I noticed all bird has barred Coating , so disappointed. They got the wrong order

There are coca marans not barred rocks. Looking at feet color . Do u have a picture of there comb?

Yes, I'd guess you have cuckoo marans. They are probably a more expensive chick than an australorp since it's more fancy/rare, but they tend to lay later. We love ours. Quiet, hardy, good at free-ranging, nice medium/dark brown eggs. But since the hatchery messed up, you should talk to them if you had your heart set on australorps.

Yes, I'd guess you have cuckoo marans. They are probably a more expensive chick than an australorp since it's more fancy/rare, but they tend to lay later. We love ours. Quiet, hardy, good at free-ranging, nice medium/dark brown eggs. But since the hatchery messed up, you should talk to them if you had your heart set on australorps.
Ok. Thanks I’ll try to talk to them

Back
Top Bottom