can someone think off any names for my chickens!!

We need some pictures! Somewhere on the forum is a great list of names people have come up with for their chickies
cool.png

Posting pictures may help to find the most appropriate names.

Since we have hens, we chose all "egg" names:

Fritata, omelet, souffle, scrambled, benedict, rottie (rotten egg), quiche, poachie (poached), foo young, custard, meringue, flan, pickled and sunny (sunny side up)

2 RIR wings and nuggets ,2 BA weezie and snow white, 1 SP Hamburg roo Archie,1SLW Silver Mist,and 2 AmericaunaEE Sarah Palin and Abagail Adams

I love old fashioned names like: Hadlee, Bernadette, Laverne, Shirley, Colette. Just to name a few. Good luck naming, it's fun. I also have names based on personality and/or color, like pesky, ducky, buffy, Olive.

x3 for grandma names ... we have Henrietta, Gertrude, Ivy, Evie, Olivia, Beatrice and Brianna (because they are sisters, I had to have two similar ones, and Brianna was the only other "b" name that fit). But now that I just saw Bernadette, that might have to be Brianna's name! My mom loves the name Mehetabell, because we have a few ancestors with that name, but ewww, can't even do that to a chicken! Hettie might be okay though. Then the Seramas are all based on singer/entertainer names.

Last edited:
Have fun naming----

Think of a movie, or a book or something that goes with the breed.

I have 2 Plymouth Rocks: Hester Prinn and Priscilla Alden (only pilgrim names I could think of)

What about R2D2 and C3PO, How's about Hermoinie, Lily, Petunia, Ginny-- what are your interests--- Jet, biplane, glider

then there are colors, Red, Blackie, Whitey, Speckle, Goldie--- It's endless once you get started, Use your imagaination...and let us know what you decide.

We have/had eight hens! 3 Americana's that I named after my mom and her two sisters; Betty, Jeanne and Maysie. 2 barred rocks; Pearl (looks like she is wearing pearls) and Lucy, 3 RIR's; Ruby, Ethel and Goldielocks! While we were out of town, my son came over to check on the girls and found Pearl running frantically around the yard. He called us and asked how many hens we have; "I can only count 7"! Apparently something dented in the wire on the run and Jeanne and Pearl got out. We only found Jeanne's foot and some feathers!

Back
Top Bottom