Can these little guys go outside

It's been a few weeks, just really curious if/when you moved them outside??? I have 3 week olds that I'm moving out today and it's supposed to get down to *30. I'm using a MHP, heating pad. I actually don't usually keep them in my she shed for longer than 2 weeks but it's been really cold and they're different ages (2 weeks and 3 weeks.) I guess my question is, did you use a plate and a heat lamp or just a plate?

I moved them out the following week I have a plate and lamp out there. I built them a 4’x8’ enclosure separate from the big chickens with cage cloth walls so they can see each other. It is 4’ tall as well.

It has gotten down to the mid twenties a couple times sense then with no ill effects. I would lose the heat plate but my runt marans still uses it so I’m not gonna take it away till she doesn’t anymore. I’m actually gonna put them a roost bar in there Saturday and start moving them to the main flock as they start roosting and stop using the lamp.

Attachments

• IMG_2282.jpeg
    IMG_2282.jpeg
    677 KB · Views: 6
I moved them out the following week I have a plate and lamp out there. I built them a 4’x8’ enclosure separate from the big chickens with cage cloth walls so they can see each other. It is 4’ tall as well.

It has gotten down to the mid twenties a couple times sense then with no ill effects. I would lose the heat plate but my runt marans still uses it so I’m not gonna take it away till she doesn’t anymore. I’m actually gonna put them a roost bar in there Saturday and start moving them to the main flock as they start roosting and stop using the lamp.
Awesome!! Great job. I really don't know why I'm nervous as I've always moved them out there as babies and I have a walk in room for them where they can see the bigs through hardware cloth. I've never had speckled sussex chicks before and that is my littlest, so tiny still. I'll probably do the same and check on them tonight as well as set up a camera. Thanks for the encouragement!

Awesome!! Great job. I really don't know why I'm nervous as I've always moved them out there as babies and I have a walk in room for them where they can see the bigs through hardware cloth. I've never had speckled sussex chicks before and that is my littlest, so tiny still. I'll probably do the same and check on them tonight as well as set up a camera. Thanks for the encouragement!
You’re welcome

Back
Top Bottom