1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Can they be with guineas?

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by 9farmgirl9, Jun 21, 2011.

1. 9farmgirl9

9farmgirl9 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    Jasper, Mo
    Ok i no they can get diseases from chickens but can i put guineas with them? The peas are 3 weeks and the guineas are 2weeks. I have 2 peas and 8 guineas. Right now i just moved my peas into the garage in a pin, my silkies are in there--free range, but the peas are in a pin. And the keets are in a box with a heat lamp in my room. And i was just wondering if i could put them together?

2. ColbyNTX

ColbyNTX Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Woods, TX
    I use guinea keets to train my turkeys and peachicks how to eat and drink for the first few days but then I seperate them because the guineas are just so jumpy and require different feed from peachicks. 20% for peachicks & 28% for keets.

3. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    ColbyNTX,
    I was told on here to feed my peas a high pro diet like turkeys and guineas for the first 6 weeks then bump it down to 20 percent to prevent leg problems.

9farmgirl,
    i have raise keets with geese, chicks and ducks and they have done great.
    Don't see why ya could not have them with the peas [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. bandbaustin

bandbaustin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2009
    Valparaiso, IN
    I have guineas that run with my free range birds, just peafowl and guineas though no free range chickens here

5. ColbyNTX

ColbyNTX Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Woods, TX
    Quote:Hey ZAZ,

Doug at D&M told me 20% from day 1 and Steve the UPA pres told me 28% for the first few days gives them a good jump then down to 20%. I really trust these guys so that's what I do. I'm sure it is fine the way you are doing it also. As many different birds as you have, it would be tough to do any special diets!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by