can they break their own neck?

I can believe that they could break their necks from flying into something, but not from jumping off a roost, and unless one doesn't know how to handle poultry, their necks aren't going to break by giving them medicine. Next time any of you have one that mysteriously died and you think it broke it's neck, send it of for a necropsy, I'd be willing to bet that the cause of death will be something other than a broken neck.

-Kathy

I just watched it happen. I put a healthy rooster on a roosting branch. It was dark. He tried to jump back off and must have broke the neck hitting the wall right in front of him. I was crouched underneath. All I see is him land beside me, something was clearly wrong as he stood low and still and wobbly for about half a second and began doing the freak out after which he was stiff for a few seconds and he died promptly after. The whole thing caught me so off guard because I never witnessed anything like it and he was truly in great health just seconds before when I put them there.

Back
Top Bottom