Can this work please help

devo52

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 31, 2014
Westlake, LA
Ok I have a co worker who wants to give me eggs tomorrow but my incubator is not set to arrive until Friday So my question is will the fertilized eggs be ok until my incubator arrives he said all I have to do is leave them on counter until it arrived also I know they can't go right into incubator so how long do I need to wait until I can put eggs in

Thank you I was just worried don't want my first attempt to set up for complete failure any idea how long I need to run new incubator before putting eggs in

Ask your co worker how old they are but as long as they are 10 days or less you should have prime hatch rate. After that hatch rate seems to go down from my experience.

Ask your co worker how old they are but as long as they are 10 days or less you should have prime hatch rate. After that hatch rate seems to go down from my experience.

Not really we hatched out 3 eggs last year that were over 6 weeks old and they still hatched out. However that could have been a fluke. Or maybe not. And some refrigerated eggs also hatch out. I have a friend that bought store bought farm raised eggs, and she put them in the incubator got 4 out of 12 eggs to hatch out. Pretty white hens to. Where there is a will there is a way.

Still no answer on can I put the eggs in immediately or how long should incubator run until ready

You can leave them sitting on the counter even up to a few weeks if you have to. However the incubator needs to be set up, and running 24 hours before you put the eggs in it. This way it will be at the perfect temp.

Back
Top Bottom