Can two roosters rule One roost ?

Riverdowns

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 28, 2013
Queensland, Australia
After a rather bumpy start as a newby when the Sussex pullets we purchased ended up all being roosters we are back on-track . . . well almost.
Can anybody offer advice on keeping two roosters. They are more like young brothers than rivals but have just started daily crowing competitions and I'm worried that when the new girls we purchased start laying there might be a few feathers flying - from both the boys and annoyed neighbours.

NEIGHBORS CAN BE MORE OF A PROBLEM BUT TO THE POINT. AS THE BOYS MATURE THEY VERY WELL MAY BECOME AGGRESSIVE TOWARD EACH OTHER. I HAVE TWO THAT WERE RAISED TOGETHER. I HAVE TO KEEP THEM SEPARATED.

I think it can depend also on how evenly matched they are - I have had two roosters battle and battle (nothing bloody - just constant charging, picking, shoving) for weeks with neither backing down. But I've also had one trounce another and that was that.

Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan
big_smile.png

I think the best answer is maybe. If they coexist without bloodshed, fine. If not, they will have to be separated.

Hello and welcome from Ohio....so glad you joined BYC

Good luck with your roosters. Many have roosters that co-exist fine. I have 3 and keep them all separate so they dont get into scuffles while I'm not home to break them up :)

Back
Top Bottom