Can we help out a friend??

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Rosecomb-Ryan, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Rosecomb-Ryan

Rosecomb-Ryan East Indie Crazed

Apr 12, 2008
    Sacramento CA
    Can you all help my dear dear friend or I just call her my Grandma. She lost her favorite lil silkie rooster. If you could write a little note to her she would be soo happy!

Heres the email she sent to me:
    Biggy was killed last night & it was totally my fault. I set him on the table while I finished closing crates & then I forgot him. I forgot Killer too, but he stayed safe on the porch. Poor Biggy trusted me & stayed where he was. No feathers, nothing, just gone. I can’t talk or I start crying & I feel so guilty. Heck, I AM guilty. If Biggy was a child, I’d be in jail on neglect or manslaughter charges. Probably where I belong anyway. I know he was just a chicken, but he was actually more dog than bird. If I didn’t have the rest of the animals to care for, I’d probably run away from home.

Please write somthing nice to her on here then I will show her the post...

Ryan

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2008
  2. Justino

Justino ♪♫ Rockin' Rooster ♪♫

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    awwww... that sucks.... well, all i can say is that we all make mistakes, so i wouldnt worry about it.....im sorry, that is so sad =[

3. Bammony

Bammony Red-dress-less

Aug 15, 2008
    Salina, Utah
    Sorry to hear that! *hugs* [​IMG]

4. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    [​IMG]

5. TheOLDNewChick

TheOLDNewChick I'm an original

Jun 12, 2007
    Tioga, Louisiana
    Hi Ryan's Grandma.

:aww

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I know how it feels, things like that have happened to me before. I make a mistake and something happens, I feel so bad. But you have to realize that you can't do anything about it now, and that you loved that little rooster. He had a good life. Keep your chin up, you'll get through it. [​IMG]

6. Ugly Cowboy

Ugly Cowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2008
    Corn, OK
    Aw heck, its ok mam. I know it hurts losin a critter, they almost get to be like your folks after awhile. I made the mistake of leavin my favorite little black-n-tan girl outside and the neighbors pits got her, so I understand the guilt. Sometimes things just happen that way.

7. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Sometimes people make mistakes, all you can do is try to correct them. Its never fun, but life happens. Sorry for your loss.

8. dlhunicorn

dlhunicorn Human Encyclopedia

Jan 11, 2007
    :aww sooooo very sorry to hear of your loss

9. Jamie_Dog_Trainer

Jamie_Dog_Trainer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    Washington State
    Very sorry to hear this. Hugs to her [​IMG]

10. McGoo

McGoo Chillin' With My Peeps

So sorry for your loss gramma.... And so sorry that you feel so terrible about your mistake, Ryan. :aww
    Maybe it will help to think of all the chickens who live in little cages and are slaughtered at 3 months of age and to realize what a wonderful life yours had.

Hope you find another little one to cheer you up!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by