Can you de-crow a rooster?

Can you de-crow a rooster?

In short, no. Sorry.

The cock expects you to adapt to him, not the other way around. He is a true force of nature.

i find the more activity there is out there the more likely they think they need to crow. i have to good or misfortune to have three roosters and a cockerel and theyre constantly crowing at each other! they have crowing matches, my EE and ameraucana always win. my serama has a wimpy crow and the cockerel shouldnt count it sounds like hes dying when he tries to crow i was scared the first time i heard it!

Quote:
I stand corrected!
smile.png

There is only one sure fire way to have him stop crowing and that would be freezer camp other then that not unless you want to spend all kind of money and if the BF doesn't like it telling him to find a new home for him you don't need a roo to get eggs you only need it to have baby chicks so if you just want eggs and meat rehome him.

Once a rooster is mature, there's no realistic way to stop him from crowing. However, if you caponize him before he matures, I'm pretty sure he'll never develop the crowing instinct. Or any other rooster instinct.

Quote:
You're right on the money, although caponizing aint like clipping ones nails. Its a surgical procedure, performed without anesthetic. 'Taint for the faint of heart.

Back
Top Bottom