Can you feed chickens scrambled duck eggs?

mrrr0809

In the Brooder
Apr 12, 2015
We have both a backyard flock of chickens and ducks. The dilemma- My wife prefers the chicken eggs therefore we always have excess duck eggs. I know people feed their chickens scrambled chicken eggs. Any reason why I can't feed them the excess duck eggs?

We have both a backyard flock of chickens and ducks. The dilemma- My wife prefers the chicken eggs therefore we always have excess duck eggs. I know people feed their chickens scrambled chicken eggs. Any reason why I can't feed them the excess duck eggs?
There is no reason not to feed your chickens the duck eggs.

Yes, you can feed chickens duck eggs. I also have a surplus of duck eggs that get either scrambled or hard boiled and crushed (shell and all) and fed to my chickens. They are a great source of protein during this molt season and when hard boiled and crushed they provide a healthy calcium source.

Back
Top Bottom