Can You Feeed A Rabbit Meat?

Do YOU think I should feed my rabbit meat??

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • Yes but it isnt the heathiest/ greatest thing to feed it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BunnyLover44

Songster
6 Years
Apr 7, 2013
Orlando Flordia
I need help! OK, so I don't like the idea of eating rabbit meat or raising bunnies for food, but can you feed a rabbit small pieces of meat? Also is it Heath for them to eat meat or just plant/veggies?
idunno.gif
idunno.gif

BunnyLover44

Some people will give a pregnant doe that is about to kindle a small piece of salt pork or hot dog believing that doing so will keep her from eating her kits. Other than that, I have never heard of trying to feed a rabbit meat - they are herbivores, after all.

Ok then... can anyone help me answer this question, why do people eat/raise rabbits for food when they have other kinds of meat like pig or cow? Why cute lovable rabbits?????
hmm.png

Last edited:
Ok then... can anyone help me answer this question, why do people eat/raise rabbits for food when they have other kinds of meat like pig or cow? Why cute harmless rabbits?????
hmm.png
I am in now way an expert as I have never had rabbits in my life, but I would venture to guess that rabbits are easy and low cost to keep and you can replenish them quickly.

Are cows harmful? Why do we eat them? Rabbits meat to cost (simple, vegetable and grain based diet) to space ratio makes them one of the most economic and sustainable animals to farm for meat.

Ok then... can anyone help me answer this question, why do people eat/raise rabbits for food when they have other kinds of meat like pig or cow? Why cute harmless rabbits?????:/

Why not rabbits?

Although, I did hear somewhere that rabbits were less economical to raise for meat than other species. Not sure about the truth of that, because I don't raise rabbits for meat.

It take the same amount of feed to raise 4 lbs of rabbit as it does 1 lbs of beef, so you get 4 times more meat from a rabbit for the same amount of feed and uses a lot less space. As for the cute factor, yes, rabbits are very cute, but so are goats, lambs, ducks, pretty cows ect. As far as I know they are all pretty harmless as well.

It take the same amount of feed to raise 4 lbs of rabbit as it does 1 lbs of beef, so you get 4 times more meat from a rabbit for the same amount of feed and uses a lot less space. As for the cute factor, yes, rabbits are very cute, but so are goats, lambs, ducks, pretty cows ect. As far as I know they are all pretty harmless as well.

Wow. I didn't know that. Maybe I'll go into meat rabbits. ;)

Back
Top Bottom