Can you freeze deviled eggs?

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Florida Rooster, May 12, 2008.

1. Florida Rooster

Florida Rooster New Egg

Apr 9, 2008
    Florida
    Hi everybody,

Has any one ever froze deviled eggs? My wife is planning a party and is wondering if she could save some time and get this done in advance.... She tried looking for info on the web with no luck so I figured that if any group of people would know it would be the BYC forum. [​IMG]

Thanks

2. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Honestly, I have never heard of anyone doing this. It doesn't sound like it would be that good. But just make 1 egg and freeze it to see what you think. this way you won't mess up a whole batch.

3. carugoman

carugoman Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2007
    NW FL Crestview
    the yolk mixture freezes well but the whites do suffer. I use a brine [1 cup non-iodized salt to 1 gallon water dissolved,] to put the whites in and keep refrigerated for up to 15 days ahead. Soak under two changes of cold water 10 mins each time; pat dry on some kitchen towels before filling with yolk mixture. FYI I grew up in an Italian restaurant-catering family... that's why I became a combat engineer?
    All y'all take care!

4. Florida Rooster

Florida Rooster New Egg

Apr 9, 2008
    Florida
    Thanks for the reply's [​IMG].
    Thats exactly what I wanted to know.

If the wife decides to try it I'll post on the results.

5. Tutter

Tutter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2008
    N. California
    I never seem to have any leftover, but once the ice box got too cold, and the family wouldn't eat them, as the white really became odd.

I hope they came out well, they are usually a party hit, here! [​IMG]

6. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    When I do actually make them, there's never any left over to even attempt to freeze them. My husband loves them. LOL

Good luck and let us know if it works! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by