Can you freeze deviled eggs?

Florida Rooster

Chirping
12 Years
Apr 9, 2008
Florida
Hi everybody,

Has any one ever froze deviled eggs? My wife is planning a party and is wondering if she could save some time and get this done in advance.... She tried looking for info on the web with no luck so I figured that if any group of people would know it would be the BYC forum.
smile.png

Thanks

Honestly, I have never heard of anyone doing this. It doesn't sound like it would be that good. But just make 1 egg and freeze it to see what you think. this way you won't mess up a whole batch.

the yolk mixture freezes well but the whites do suffer. I use a brine [1 cup non-iodized salt to 1 gallon water dissolved,] to put the whites in and keep refrigerated for up to 15 days ahead. Soak under two changes of cold water 10 mins each time; pat dry on some kitchen towels before filling with yolk mixture. FYI I grew up in an Italian restaurant-catering family... that's why I became a combat engineer?
All y'all take care!

I never seem to have any leftover, but once the ice box got too cold, and the family wouldn't eat them, as the white really became odd.

I hope they came out well, they are usually a party hit, here!
smile.png

When I do actually make them, there's never any left over to even attempt to freeze them. My husband loves them. LOL

Good luck and let us know if it works!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom