Can you freeze jelly beans?

BLACK jelly bellies?! Bleck! He can have ALL of mine if he wants them!
President or not, I share my jelly beans with NO ONE! Except OldGal of course, but than I get to sleep with her.
wink.png

With due respect, i wonder if Pres. Reagan took his jellybellies with him. I hope so. But that would lead to another topic: how long do jelly beans last in... well, never mind.
We still have to determine if they can be frozen and the frost layer is only 3 ft. In California, is there even a frost line?
( Likes to keep to the original topic)

Ok,

Who is in for an experiment? I will sacrifice one jellybean of each flavor to the freezer for the next week. I will save the same amount in a ziploc bag on my counter. At the end of the week I will do a blind taste test to determine if there is a difference. Anyone else want to join me?

We still have to determine if they can be frozen?
( Likes to keep to the original topic)
Actually, the question of can they be frozen was answered definitively long ago. (Ref. Post #143 https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/648429/can-you-freeze-jelly-beans/143 ) However, the original query has opened a plethora of scientific, philosophical and pressing socially responsible issues that we are now in the process of discussing. A partial list of these important topics might include:
  • Why would you?
  • Why should you?
  • With all the starving children in the world shouldn't we, as lovers of our fellow man donate any excess jelly beans we might have to the needy?
  • Is a jelly bean shortage likely?
  • What is the best flavor?
  • Is there a global conspiracy controlling the jelly bean supply?
  • Can common folk effect the jelly bean market?
  • Which came first, the jelly or the bean?
  • When you shuffle off this mortal coil should you; (a) Take them with you. (b) Divide them among your heirs. or (c) Donate them to charity. ?
  • If you believe in an afterlife are there jelly beans in it?
  • Who manufactures the best jelly beans or are they a gift from The Great Chicken?
  • Should jelly beans be free to control their own destiny?
  • Would it be advisable to genetically alter a species to lay jelly beans?
  • Shouldn't jelly beans be WIC approved?
  • Are terrorists likely to attack our jelly bean supply?
  • Should there be a strategic jelly bean reserve?
  • Do we need to prevent a jelly bean gap?

Well, I could probably thing of more, but I need to do the dishes.

Re: "Can common folk effect the jelly bean market?" it was Abraham Lincoln who said, "God must have loved the common man, he made so many of them." It was OldGuy43 who said, "Now on the surface that sounds good, but if you think someone is 'common' you just tell him so, and watch him punch you right in the nose!"

Back
Top Bottom