Can you give them...

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by chicksinthemachine, Jul 23, 2008.

1. chicksinthemachine

chicksinthemachine Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    Henley,MO
    I was going to make the girls and boys some scrambled eggs is it okay to mix milk with them or not? They are 12 weeks old today if that makes a difference.

2. ashyannehand

ashyannehand Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2008
    Wade, Mississippi
    I have given mine left over scrambled eggs several times and I use 2% milk. I am not sure if I should have but they are happy and laying.

Hope this helps. Good luck! [​IMG]

3. hooligan

hooligan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Arkansas
    I just do plain scrambled eggs with no milk. Beat eggs, cook and serve. [​IMG]

4. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    I've always heard that chickens can't digest milk products - they are lactose intolerant.

Darn if I can find a really good scientific reference for that at the moment though...

At any rate, I'd leave out the milk - if they are lactose intolerant then small amount wouldn't hurt, but if fed too much it might lead to some nasty digestive upset.

5. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Quote:My girls eat plain yogurt all the time. It's full of good bacteria that's healthy for them.

See any post by Miss Prissy to get her yogurt recipe, or look in the recipe section for the thread that has like 8 million postings! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by