Can you guess who this might be?

Why is it that this behavior does not surprise me?
lau.gif

For those of us over a certain age that will know what I am referring elating to, was the original filmed in 8mm or Super8? For those younger than 30 or so, it refers to the cameras prior to the VHS video recorder which is old by todays standards.

Last edited:
And, one has to wonder how big a nest box does he need today? Hope it's not too high. Old birds do not fly well and land hard.
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

For those of us over a certain age that will know what I am referring elating to, was the original filmed in 8mm or Super8? For those younger than 30 or so, it refers to the cameras prior to the VHS video recorder which is old by todays standards.
I really have no idea.It was filmed around the early 70's if that helps. I had no idea this film even existed until about a year ago.

Our family was very poor, never owned a regular camera back then, much less a video camera. I had a second cousin and his family that lived in Chicago and visited every summer for a few weeks, they were a bit better off than we were and I guess had a video camera. I knew they had a regular camera and took lots of pictures every year because I had saw several of those over the years. Several years ago my Mom brought a VHS tape over to the house to see if I would play it for her, it was from our northern cousins and to this day my Mom doesn't own a TV or VCR, so she had no way to watch it. We watched it and it was clips of me and my Grandpa plowing with a mule, us kids playing, family gatherings and such. I commented that I never knew there were any videos of us as kids and that I wanted a copy. Last year they sent me a DVD of all those old clips they had had put on DVD from old film and still pictures. This clip was on there along with a few others I never knew about.

It sure brought back a lot of memories.

I remember that coop though if not the making of the video. It was the first one I built myself I think. I remember I put the log up against the nest box because I thought the hens would walk up it to get in the nest box. My Grandpa said the nest box was way too high, but my kid thinking was.....

MFB is terrified of snakes.
hide.gif

I thought if I put it really high I wouldn't ever reach in the nest box again and grab a chicken snake or black snake eating eggs. It happened several times to me in the main coop. Scared me half to death. Had to go change my britches. I mean I really hate snakes. Only problem was... it didn't work. The hens refused to use it. So I decided they were just stupid and needed to be shown what it was for. That didn't work either I must admit. It's not in the clip, but I remember catching every single hen, one at a time, and putting them in the nest box. That didn't work either. But I still thought I was very clever at the time.
sad.png

I gave up after a few weeks and moved the nest box down to about 2' off the ground and just inside the door opening. And yes, before the summer was over...

I grabbed a darn snake. A great big fat black one. With sharp fangs. Lucky I didn't get ate myself. It was huge. Maybe 40 feet long. Ok, might have been a little shorter than that but still made me have to go change my britches again.
hit.gif

I REALLY hate snakes.

oh... Queen Em?

I'm still plotting my revenge.
tongue2.gif

..."at my age, and with my health"...

Mississippi, my daughter watched us take care of Barb's father until
his death, and now my father.

She says Barb and I are on our own when we get old. She's gonna get
us a box of depends and drop us off at the old-folfs home in the middle
of the night.

Say's we're gonna be two big orphans.

...that girl ain't right...

I really have no idea.It was filmed around the early 70's if that helps. I had no idea this film even existed until about a year ago.

Our family was very poor, never owned a regular camera back then, much less a video camera. I had a second cousin and his family that lived in Chicago and visited every summer for a few weeks, they were a bit better off than we were and I guess had a video camera. I knew they had a regular camera and took lots of pictures every year because I had saw several of those over the years. Several years ago my Mom brought a VHS tape over to the house to see if I would play it for her, it was from our northern cousins and to this day my Mom doesn't own a TV or VCR, so she had no way to watch it. We watched it and it was clips of me and my Grandpa plowing with a mule, us kids playing, family gatherings and such. I commented that I never knew there were any videos of us as kids and that I wanted a copy. Last year they sent me a DVD of all those old clips they had had put on DVD from old film and still pictures. This clip was on there along with a few others I never knew about.

It sure brought back a lot of memories.
Well judging by the quality of the film it was probably 8mm with no sound. The film was on a reel to which you needed a projector and a screen to show. With the advent of of VHS you could move those films to video. I was merely showing my age by asking. There are still reel to reels at my mothers house in her collection of pictures,just brings back memories long forgotten.

Back
Top Bottom