Can you guys spot any possible roo's in my little flock that are supposed to be all pullets? :o ~UPD

undine

Chirping
6 Years
Jun 3, 2013
Los Angeles
Are they too young to tell? Or is my videos quality just too crap to see anything hahaha

Dont forget 720p! hehe

They may look crowded in that little dirt bathing box, but there are more space outside of it. They all had their baths except peep(the one taking hers in the video) and peach who took hers a while later..they just decided to stay in :(

OH nvm! LOL figured how to update this. anyway.. Here's an update of the birds. Theyre close to being about 5 weeks old now. Here they are in their tiny brooder :( gosh i feel so bad for keeping them in there, but i dont have any other choice yet until the fencing is ready.. by then theyll move out into their coop. Sorry guys if this pain you while watching. Their bedding was changed just a while ago LOL theyre srsly poop machines :\

There are two buff orpingtons, two golden buffs, two australorps, two easter eggers, and one barred rock.

This is the updated video. Theyre 5 weeks old now =D Im noticing a lot of difference between them.. and definitely can see the possible roos. My white easter egger (her/his comb is now a bright red orange and her feathers are growing differently than the others) and one of my australorps(his/her feathers are also growing differently that the others..kind of like the same as the roo easter egger.) This is probablyyy another bad shaky video omgg lol but i tried getting every face/head shot =\ i tried taking individual pictures, but theyre just too active >=(

Last edited:
I don't see any immediate roos, however they are moving and I can't see combs well at all as they are bobbing and eating with their heads down.

The best thing is still pictures of their head, close up for comb, then of their full body (not squished as someone wraps fingers around them but sitting on a palm).

Five weeks is really early for those breeds as they are not sex marked breeds, but an obvious roo will get a big comb fast that will redden quickly.

Six weeks can often give a clue to most breeds.

I'll stop by again if you get some still photos up (or a video with all their heads up and smiling at the camera holding still)
big_smile.png

Lady of McCamley

Last edited:
My phone doesn't even show the video just a big patch of white screen where I assume the video should be.

You may get a better response with photos. I know I'd check out a photo but probably wouldn't bother waiting for video to load and play. Especially since work decreased my data plan.

Last edited:
That sucks :\ only reason why i keep posting, and even bother filming is because they just never wanna stay still. Although ill try to take some XD

Wait till their asleep lol. Just kidding :)

I find when I want to take photos midday is better because they've got that morning feed and move about frenzy out of their system and are starting to get ready for a bit of a rest again

At this stage of the game, it still looks like the folks who sexed these birds at the hatchery got it right. You know the BR is a hen, anyway!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom