Can you have a chicken and a parrot be Freinds

Chicken_girl17

Songster
Mar 28, 2020
Oregon
Dose anyone know if it is possible to have a chicken and a cockatiel to hang out together the choickens are out side but I have one chicken who I bring inside to cuddle with I do t want to just stop doing that since I get a parrot but I thing it would be really cool if they could be birdy friends I have heard there is a lot of desises the that’s both have and to make sure to was your hands in between but is there a way to pass by those so they can be Freinds? Like to the point they can both be in my lap kinda thing

Dose anyone know if it is possible to have a chicken and a cockatiel to hang out together the choickens are out side but I have one chicken who I bring inside to cuddle with I do t want to just stop doing that since I get a parrot but I thing it would be really cool if they could be birdy friends I have heard there is a lot of desises the that’s both have and to make sure to was your hands in between but is there a way to pass by those so they can be Freinds? Like to the point they can both be in my lap kinda thing
It’s definitely possible. I would be warry tho cause chickens peck heads for dominance

While I truly have no experience with this, I know my house chicken (often) co-exists peacefully with my rescue terrier and my blind cat. When squabbles break out, it's usually the dog yelping because the chicken pecked her. Outdoors, my ducks, geese and chickens free range together without major incidents. So, depending on the chicken and the parrot, maybe.

As far as diseases go, I would either ask a veterinarian. In the past, when I wanted free advice, I've contacted my state's veterinary teaching hospital.

It’s definitely possible. I would be warry tho cause chickens peck heads for dominance
Well one of the things I forgot to mention is the chicken is a polish so part when it comes to that with the pecking and knowing my chicken I would think that would be the less of the problem I’m more worried about the diseases that could be harmful to my parrot mainly with them having the more sensitive system

While I truly have no experience with this, I know my house chicken (often) co-exists peacefully with my rescue terrier and my blind cat. When squabbles break out, it's usually the dog yelping because the chicken pecked her. Outdoors, my ducks, geese and chickens free range together without major incidents. So, depending on thchicken and the parrot, maybe.

As far as diseases go, I would either ask a veterinarian. In the past, when I wanted free advice, I've contacted my state's veterinary teaching hospital
Out chickens are with dogs and cats they usually head back to their house when the dogs are out (don’t blame them are older dog got hungery once) but I’m more worried about the diseases cause the bird In question is a polish who are at the bottom of the pecking order plus she is like a dog and I call her my parrot until I get a parrot

From my experience yes, I have a special needs solitary hen who lives indoors. She has a crossbeak so she can't defend herself from other chickens and can't groom her face properly. Her name is Criss

I also have a green cheek conure named Kiwi

I make smoothies for Criss daily and she will get it on her face sometimes, kiwi enjoys helping Criss with it grooming her face feathers and sometimes gently licking her face; both have a clean bill of health and only interact a couple times a day with supervision. So I say it's for sure possible just be aware of the risks and take certain precautions

I know Criss for sure enjoys the grooming as she will fall asleep while Kiwi is doing it!

Do be aware of both the personalities though and watch them very closely.

Back
Top Bottom