Can you help answer my duck question?

I live in Maine too. I might be the one who emailed you because I do live in the Saco area!
And to answer your question, yes. The duck eggs can be fertile even in the winter. I collect my eggs very early (6-630am) while they are still warm. Especially the ones I put in the incubator. You don't want to let them get cold.
I put 20 eggs in the incubator at the start of January and I've got 15 developing (they actually started hatching yesterday!) My ratio, even though my ducks are all together right now, is 3 females for every 1 male.
I still have a few females left for sale if you are in the area and decide to get a few!

Yeah, it was you! I remember "Al's Quackery". I really wish I could. My son has CP and I'm always going to appointments for him. I rarely have a day off and only travel that far maybe once a summer to OOB. Or Scarborough once a year for his Neurology appointment. :eek:(

the sound of their feet on the floor is addictive i recorded it on my phone and play it back every now and again lol. i've had my charlie as a house duck for nearly a year he has just this week been moved outside but its nice to have them in to tame the from a young age :D

Back
Top Bottom