Can you help identify color??

Are they also from McMurray?
On the darker keet....they don't offer
Pewter as a color choice....
I got fancy guinea of choice from Stombergs. Interesting I didnt know it was from Guineafarm.com

I def think it is pinto. I will try to take a pic later of both mine. to show you what they look like now. The pinto is even cooler than the pied I think!

R2elk....just looked at www.guineafarm.com/ and liked their layout but now wondering. ..could my white guy with a little color be a 'Pinto' if they came from there?

I suppose that is possible. As far as I can tell, a pinto is just a version of a pied that has more than the usual amount of white. It does appear that it doesn't have a center stripe but rather has just a solid color on the top of its head which would indicate that it should grow up to be a solid color with white and no pearling.

Hope you enjoy them.

Hi critters,
Your darker keet looks like a Slate to me... (seems a little too dark to be a Pewter), and the mostly White keet with the broken up stripe down it's back is a Pinto. Usually most Pintos from hatcheries are Pinto Pearl Greys, but some private breeders have been breeding/hatching them in other colors/varieties as well. You will know soon enough, as soon as it starts growing in it's adolescent feathers. You have plenty of regular Pearl Grey keets to compare feathers with. Oh and it's hard to tell from the pics but I think I saw a Brown keet and a Violet or Pied Violet keet in your batch too.

Cute babies, congrats.

Ok...don't see the Violet but did identify the Browns. ..I had noticed before that 3 of the Pearl Greys had a bit lighter bodies so was going to watch and see if maybe male/female thing.. (never that easy..had read some where of some colors in which the females were darker?)...but at least have another color! .... thanks!!

I am a first time guinea hatcher. Anyone know what color this keet is?

Back
Top Bottom