1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Can you help me with finding out her(?) breed?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by charLatte, Jun 5, 2016.

1. charLatte

charLatte New Egg

May 3, 2016
    Hi! This is my first time with chickens. I got six eggs from my 4-H group and only one hatched. When she/he grows up, if it is a girl she will go to my neighbor who already has an awesome coop. I hatched my baby 5 weeks and almost 3 days ago. Can you help me with finding out her (?) breed and gender? I think she is a girl but I'm not sure. I was thinking maybe she is a golden laced wyandotte. This would be pretty much the best case scenario because they are so beautiful. I was also wondering about black sex-link or dark cornish. She has inverse GLW feathers on her neck... black on the inside and gold outside. But farther down her back it turns more stripey and brown. She came out of a medium-sized pinkish-brown egg.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jenna14Chicken

Jenna14Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2016
    OH.
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm thinking the same as you a girl golden laced wyandotte. I hope you the best :)

3. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

That is an Easter Egger and it appears to be a pullet.

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    agree

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by