can you ID these geese please?

CelticOaksFarm

Family owned, family run
10 Years
Sep 7, 2009
Florida - Space Coast
went to get three more Rouen ducks today and surprise ended up with geese by mistake thanks to the young man packing the wrong ones. not too upset them since I was going back tomorrow for geese.

95f553f7.jpg

370b5e65.jpg

I could be wrong but they look like Africans to me! You should keep em! I would imagine you got a bargain on them if they thought they were giving you ducks. Most places charge quite a bit more for geese.
wink.png
Did you get them from a hatchery or a breeder?

They came from my family run feed store. I make the trip back to the mainland nce a month to load up on feed and hay. They have the cleanest place and the best looking babies all the time. The kids do the work, mom and dad run the office and they all know te regular customers by face, name and truck! Plus they will order in anything I ever need if they dot stock it.

I do plan to keep them, but will be going back and offering to pay the difference since I want tis family to stay in business and they give us discounts on feed when we are there.

Ahhh. I see. Good for you, its hard keeping a business afloat these days. The geese look a lot like my dewlap toulouse goslings, which is why I think they're Africans. African goslings have an arch at the base of their bill, a larger/more rounded eye, and a little bit of a longer neck. Congrats on your new babies! They're soooo cute!
thumbsup.gif

WOW! Wish I had a feed store like that around here!

Last edited:
Well if you are going back ASK them!Or even take them with you so they can sort them out for You. The pictures aren't good enough for ID and I suspect you have more than one breed. BTW that green dye near the bill on one is likely to indicate that it has been sexed unless it was something that you did.

Back
Top Bottom