Can you ID this bird???

dutchbunny83

Songster
7 Years
Nov 11, 2012
Fayetteville, NC
I didn't know what other category to put this in.
I hear a commotion in my dining room this morning, and find my cat chasing a bird around the house. Then my silkie roo comes hopping up the steps to the dining room and starts hollering at them both.
My 21 month old daughter loves to open (and leave open) the slider to the patio and this is the result.

It was a pretty bird with a long beak and long tail. I don't know anything about birds, anyone know what kind it is?

Hey DutchBunny! It's nice to see someone from my hometown here!! Never thought that would happen. I was born and raised in Fayetteville. I had to get out of the rat race though. I went back about 3 years ago and could not believe how much it had grown!!!

welcome-byc.gif

Kaye

We're out on the Raeford line, so as long as I can avoid Skibo we're good!
I'm actually from Maryland, but came down here about 4 years ago because my husband is stationed at Bragg.
So far, I really love it.
He's airborne so doesn't look like we're moving, I want to retire to a farm down towards Myrtle Beach.
Loving the Carolinas :)

I was born at Fort Bragg and lived in Fayetteville the majority of my life. I moved to TN for a few years and then moved back to Fayetteville. I finally bought a house out in Stonewall Subdivision outside of Rockfish, in Hoke County. I didn't realize how much I missed the C-130's flying over my house until the first night we moved into our new one. I loved sitting on my front porch watching them go over. Especially at night. When I went back several years ago, I went out to my old subdivision. I could not believe all the new construction on Camden Road, Rockfish Road, Stoney Point Road, and Gillis Hill Road. When I was a kid, all that was farm land. Now it's subdivision after subdivision.

I remember when Skibo Road was a much smaller 4-lane road, and Yadkin Road was a 2-lane all the way to base. And Bragg Blvd...oh, man...That used to be a lot smaller and not as built up. Fayetteville has changed so much, I doubt I could find my way around anymore.

My son is also in the Army. He is stationed at Fort Benning, GA though. Please tell your husband Thank you for his service. HOOAH!

smile.png

Back
Top Bottom