Can you imagine

Robin'sBrood

Crowing
12 Years
May 8, 2008
North Carolina
paying $600 for THIS... http://raleigh.craigslist.org/grd/1924345477.html

And
can you imagine that thing holding 16 standard or 40 bantam chickens??
lau.gif

That actually made me sad/angry at the same time. My mom would not allow my DH to build her a coop cause he was working so hard on mine. She found a really neat one on craigslist and after we all discussed it and looked at it and talked to the man she decided to order it. All was well until the day he delivered it. OMGosh, eye hook lathes to hold the doors closed that were not even to start with, the wire on it was not even chicken wire and anything from a small to a good size chicken can get through it, not to mention what could get in. I could go on with a list about a mile long with what all was wrong with that thing that now DH is going to have to go fix for her. And the man made my dad say a prayer before he left because he was such a religous guy. What he brought to my mother was not what he showed on craigslist. I feel so bad for my mom, so now we will see what DH can do to try and make it better for her.
he.gif

that ad is unbelievable! there is no way anyone will fall for that (right??)! at least I hope not!

rip-off to the max. i don't care how small the picture makes it look, there's no way more than 3 or 4 chickens would fit in there, and even that would be crowded.
rant.gif

That's insane. There should be some way to report him for false advertising. There is NO WAY 16 Standards or 40 bantams will fit. At MOST, that is 16 square feet. How can people be so dishonest?

Looks like a rabbit cage.
:(Sad, It reminds me of how some people will buy a 20 gallon aquarium and throw a bunch of baby fish in there and never read about how big they'll get, how much volume of water or filtration they need.

Unfortunately some people that post their "junk" on Craigslist do not realize that Craigslist is intended for selling used items to local folks, rather than shipping like Ebay. What they're missing is that their stuff is USED and often misrepresented and way overpriced. I would like to reply to this Craigslist poster that what they are selling is a rabbit hutch, for a few rabbits, AND NOT A COOP FOR CHICKENS!!! I wish I could tag it with a big caution flag so some unsuspecting newcomer to raising chickens doesn't buy this "thing". Makes me mad.
rant.gif

Ok, i'm done ranting.

Back
Top Bottom