Can you imagine

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Robin'sBrood, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
  2. cdawson41

cdawson41 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 9, 2010
    Missouri
    That actually made me sad/angry at the same time. My mom would not allow my DH to build her a coop cause he was working so hard on mine. She found a really neat one on craigslist and after we all discussed it and looked at it and talked to the man she decided to order it. All was well until the day he delivered it. OMGosh, eye hook lathes to hold the doors closed that were not even to start with, the wire on it was not even chicken wire and anything from a small to a good size chicken can get through it, not to mention what could get in. I could go on with a list about a mile long with what all was wrong with that thing that now DH is going to have to go fix for her. And the man made my dad say a prayer before he left because he was such a religous guy. What he brought to my mother was not what he showed on craigslist. I feel so bad for my mom, so now we will see what DH can do to try and make it better for her. [​IMG]

3. Matt A NC

Matt A NC Overrun With Chickens

Feb 22, 2007
    Morganton, NC
    Robin'sBrood :

paying $600 for THIS... http://raleigh.craigslist.org/grd/1924345477.html

And
    can you imagine that thing holding 16 standard or 40 bantam chickens?? [​IMG]

Chicks in those numbers would work for a brooder. At least for the first few weeks.

$600 is unbelievable. Hope no one falls for that.

Matt​

4. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

They should really have a Flagging option on Craigslist that says "STUPID".

5. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Oh MY. I'm known for paying more than stuff might be worth just cause I am ignerrnt about some things, but I wouldn't pay one third of that price for that item!

6. GeeVee

GeeVee Out Of The Brooder

Jul 24, 2010
    Sonoma County
    that ad is unbelievable! there is no way anyone will fall for that (right??)! at least I hope not!

rip-off to the max. i don't care how small the picture makes it look, there's no way more than 3 or 4 chickens would fit in there, and even that would be crowded.
    [​IMG]

7. JustDawn

JustDawn Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2009
    Alpharetta Ga
    That's insane. There should be some way to report him for false advertising. There is NO WAY 16 Standards or 40 bantams will fit. At MOST, that is 16 square feet. How can people be so dishonest?

8. ScotH

ScotH Out Of The Brooder

Jul 20, 2010
    South East Texas
    Looks like a rabbit cage.
    :(Sad, It reminds me of how some people will buy a 20 gallon aquarium and throw a bunch of baby fish in there and never read about how big they'll get, how much volume of water or filtration they need.

9. kichohana

kichohana Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Johnston County, NC
    Unfortunately some people that post their "junk" on Craigslist do not realize that Craigslist is intended for selling used items to local folks, rather than shipping like Ebay. What they're missing is that their stuff is USED and often misrepresented and way overpriced. I would like to reply to this Craigslist poster that what they are selling is a rabbit hutch, for a few rabbits, AND NOT A COOP FOR CHICKENS!!! I wish I could tag it with a big caution flag so some unsuspecting newcomer to raising chickens doesn't buy this "thing". Makes me mad. [​IMG]

Ok, i'm done ranting.

10. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Seriously, I can't imagine keeping a poor rabbit in it, much less cramming if full of chickens. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by