Can you live trap chickens?

First of all, are you sure they are not somebody’s chickens?
No. I'm not sure. At first-i thought birds did Belong to neighbor.
However, neighbors do not have coops or runs.
I have seen these birds in their yard
In my yard
In the pastures beside my property (side and behind)
On the road
They roost in the trees and bushes on property line.

No. I'm not sure. At first-i thought birds did Belong to neighbor.
However, neighbors do not have coops or runs.
I have seen these birds in their yard
In my yard
In the pastures beside my property (side and behind)
On the road
They roost in the trees and bushes on property line.
Ah, then they are probably owner-less. Maybe try luring them in somewhere, as @JacinLarkwell said.

I accidently live trapped one of my ducks once. Not sure a chicken would go in a trap unless it was really hungry.

If they are roosting in low branches, I suggest getting them at night. Chickens are night blind so you can pluck them right off the branch, assuming you can reach them.

Or maybe use one of those kennel traps they use for hard to catch stray dogs.

No. I'm not sure.
That's pretty much the way people have raised chickens for thousands of years. Even with them sleeping in trees. Many people seem to think that keeping chickens is new, but the Egyptians and Chinese were incubating chicken eggs and raising chicks thousands of years ago without electricity. The pioneers took chickens to the frontier. They did not manage them like we do.

Before I started trapping them and caging them I'd ask your neighbors if they are their chickens. People get really mad if you start stealing their livestock. The law frowns on it too.

I don't know how many chickens you are talking about or the conditions. If you can catch them at night on a dark moonless night after they have gone to roost without hurting yourself that can be pretty effective. That's not always easy though.

You can lure them into a live trap maybe the size for raccoons but that's not good for more than a few at a time if you get lucky. You might be able to build a "run" and lure them in with food but getting the door closed without spooking them could be a challenge. And they might fly out the top. There are ways to do it.

I just want a rooster and hen
There are at least 3 "flocks"
1-rooster and 4 or 5 hens
2-a rooster hen and 2 pullets (there were 3 but 1 went missing)
3- I have seen 2 other roosters (no females with them)

Attachments

• 20220125_084752.jpg
    20220125_084752.jpg
    501.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220125_082541.jpg
    20220125_082541.jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom