can you mix them?

I have all my bantams in with my standard flock. And let me tell ya, my bantams are VICIOUS! Lol. But I have standard chickens that are higher than them in the pecking order and I also have standards that are lower then the bantys in the pecking order. So if you ask me, I don't think it matters
big_smile.png

I also have a mixed flock, no worries. I do worry sometimes about the bantam hens being mounted by my large barred rock roo, I was hoping those hens would stick with their bantam roo. Although I have not had any problems with that

I have just one bantam in with 7 standard hens and a standard roo. She was raised with them since day 1 and fits right in and is by no means at the bottom! She holds her own with no problem! My big RIR roo pays no attention to her as far as attempting to mate her. She's very quick and just darts and runs away from him, he much prefers his other girls. She even cuddles up beside him to roost at night and he gives her treats, bugs etc. that he finds just like he does his other girls.

Back
Top Bottom