Can you only keep...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Cmon, a sexed quail at 10 days . . . ?
Ive read your posts, and sometimes you really seem like you know what your talkin about, and other times . . .

JJ, wanna chime in here?

OP- nobody can determine hatch rate for you.
too many factors.

To get the best chances, get local eggs and make sure they are fresh and were stored correctly.

????? I'm trying to figure out what's going on... Who is right?

Quote:
Cmon, a sexed quail at 10 days . . . ?
Ive read your posts, and sometimes you really seem like you know what your talkin about, and other times . . .

JJ, wanna chime in here?

OP- nobody can determine hatch rate for you.
too many factors.

To get the best chances, get local eggs and make sure they are fresh and were stored correctly.

WHY YOU DRAGGIN ME IN ON THIS?!

YES YOU ARE CORRECT- NO ONE CAN ACCURATELY PREDICT HATCH RATES DUE TO ALL THE VARIABLES, AND IF POSSIBLE LOCALLY PROCURED EGGS THAT ARE NOT SHIPPED WILL USUALLY HAVE THE BETTER HATCH RATES.

NO I DONT SEE MANY 10 DAY OLDS THAT SEX EASILY AS IT USUALLY TAKES LONGER FOR FEATHERING TO SHOW TRUE COLORS IN THE COLOR-SEXABLE STRAINS OF COTURNIX AND THEY DONT EVER SHOW SEX IN THE NON-COLOR-SEXABLE STRAINS SUCH AS TIBETAN OR WHITE BIRDS

NO I DO NOT SHIP 10 DAY OLDS AS THEY WILL NOT TOLERATE BEING WITHOUT FOOD AND WATER--- IN FACT THIS IS THE WORST POSSIBLE TIME IN THEIR LIVES FOR SHIPPING---EITHER SHIP AS DAY OLDS, OR SHIP AS ADULTS OR AT LEAST VERY LATE JUVENILES. THIS IS ALSO USPS POSTAL REGULATIONS. DAY OLDS- 24HRS OR LESS OF AGE AT TIME WHEN THEY ARE SLID ACROSS THE COUNTER, AND SHOULD BE SHIPPED IN CHICK SHIPPING FLATS EITHER PRIORITY OR EXPRESS MAIL. OR THEY NEED TO BE OF SUFFICIENT AGE TO TOLERATE UP TO 3 DAYS WITHOUT FOOD OR WATER AT AMBIENT ROOM TEMPERATURES AND MUST BE SHIPPED EXPRESS IN A HORIZON CONTAINER. THE USPS DOES NOT ENSURE LIVE DELIVERY EITHER WAY.

NO I DONT KNOW OF ANY BREEDER WHO SELLS SEXED COTURNIX CHICKS.

CW I AGREE WITH YOU ON MOST EVERYTHING BUT USING BROODIES FOR QUAIL EGGS
smile.png

Sigh. Seeing how i can't get local, I will just throw them in the bator till some hatch. Y'all ever have a bachelor pen 4 quail?

Sure Do.... Its The Staging Area For Camp Fridgidaire
smile.png

I Keep A Growout Pen For Just Males. The Good Hens Go Into The Breeding Covey, The Males Hang Out Until Needed In 1 Way Or Another. If Your After Fertile Eggs Its Always Good To Have A Spare Roo... Sometimes You Need To Replace One.

For What Its Worth, If Your Looking To Incubate? 50% Hatch On Shipped Eggs Is Generally Considered A Good Rate, Tho Many Times More Will Hatch. So If You Want A Dozen Birds Start With 2 Doz+ Eggs.

No worries. I hold my word. No one agrees with everything. But I have done my fair share of breeding. I am not a newbie. If I don't get the proper respect, I won't be upset. I will continue educating people on the proper information on quail.

I have a minimum order of 8 chicks. It is true, not all of them show their true coloring but I don't like shipping day olds especially small amount of day olds. This is because of the mysterious sudden chick death syndrome. I want my customers to get the best of their babies. And I strive for the best genetics.

I also sell hatching eggs if you are interested. I have all the colors available in the U.S.

I ALWAYS add fruit in the shipping box so the birds have something in there. ALL of my shipments arrived the next day. ONE arrived in 2 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom