Can you overdo Calcium Citrate D3?

ANiceKaren

Songster
Apr 15, 2020
Frazier Park California
I have a girl “Tuna” who may have salpingitis. Laying twisted egg parts.. saw egg material coming out of vent yesterday. She hasn’t laid a normal egg in weeks. I started amoxi 3 days ago and I’ve been giving her calcium citrate tabs almost daily due to her laying these weird eggs. Today she seems worse.. laying around.. not eating or drinking. She was behaving quite normally despite the bad eggs. I have her another calcium today because she goes to box and stands.. pushes.. but nothing. I’ve been doing the calcium for about 2-3 weeks… not everyday but nearly every other! I’m worried this is too much? Am I going to make her more sick? I’m just trying so hard to help her pass an egg or material.. can you over do it? I thought I read here it would take months and months to cause permanent damage? 🙏🏻

This is just my opinion, but I would only give the calcium daily for a week or two. If they don’t help to make her lay eggs with hard shells, then the problem is likely in her shell gland or something else.

This is just my opinion, but I would only give the calcium daily for a week or two. If they don’t help to make her lay eggs with hard shells, then the problem is likely in her shell gland or something else.
Thank you. I’ve been thinking this as well. Do you think going a bit longer than that has done any damage? Im
Wondering if the way she is today is due to the calcium.. and then I gave another!! 😭 I’ll discontinue starting tomorrow 🙏🏻

Back
Top Bottom