1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Can you please explain why...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Cajunsamoan, May 16, 2009.

1. Cajunsamoan

Cajunsamoan Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    Louisiana
    the same kids I have to peel out of bed at 6:30 am on the weekdays are up and bouncing off the walls at 5 am every weekend. Ugh, I miss sleep.

Last edited: May 16, 2009
  2. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    Quote:I am sorry that they bug you, but it is very healthy habit, when they get used to it, it will make thier lifes much better.
    I wake up every day real early regardless of week day or weekends.

3. Cajunsamoan

Mar 2, 2009
    Louisiana
    Your right, it is very healthy. I guess I'm just being grumpy this morning. I love to see their little morning faces. I just wish they were so eager to get going during the week!

4. aidenbaby

aidenbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Lochbuie
    My parents used to cheat. They would set the cable to a kids station and set out breakfast before they went to bed. Then when we got up, we could eat breakfast and watch TV and not wake them up. We were not allowed to knock on their door before a certain time, as well, unless we were hurt. Now... if I can just get my toddlers to wake up later that would be a miracle.

5. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    LOL Same thing here with my grandson. We have to practically peel his little butt out of bed during the school week. (only one day left of school!) But on the weekends, he's up out of bed and begging to go outside and play at the crack of dawn.

But once he's outside, he's outside for most of the day.

Laurie

6. Cajunsamoan

Mar 2, 2009
    Louisiana
    Sometimes they make themselves cereal and watch cartoons or play quietly but they only have 5 days of school left. I think they are excited. Yay, summer vacation. I'm actually excited too. I miss the little troublemakers when they are at school.

7. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    LOL
    We were discussing the same thing this morning. My daughter, who isnt feeling 100% no matter what she says. Was up and out of bed before 6 this morning.
    All this last week I was dragging her out of bed at 7am. It's good to know I am not alone in this

8. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Give it time, mine were the same way.

My 13 year old now has to get himself up for school, but come Saturday were lucky if he gets out of bed before noon. [​IMG]

9. Cajunsamoan

Mar 2, 2009
    Louisiana
    I remember a time long ago when I was that age! I could sleep 14 or 15 hours no problem. Now I'm lucky if I get 5!

10. ScoobyRoo

ScoobyRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2008
    Land of OZ
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Come Friday night,,,,,,all 3 kids are reminded that
    1) No school tomorrow
    2) sleep in
    3) DO NOT come in and bug me unless of an emergency (Blood is
    the emergency, not lost tv remote!)
    4) no bouncing off wall and running through house (hardwood
    floors and cathedral ceilings echos big time)
    5) Then Mom will be happy and it will be a GREAT day! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by