Can you please help me are these pullets or cockerels

Will do shortly I'm just going let them out.
20210427_082020.jpg

Thanks, Yeah I figured he probably was he had waddles before everyone else.
If it makes you feel any better... I have & had too many bad hatch ratios and moments just like yours.
Always easy to tell when the chooks are not yours but when they are yours you stay in a denial syndrome. :thIt's true, it is a thing. I just made it up now so it is real... like, say it ain't so!!! But good ol BYC peeps yank those rose color glasses right off! Like a band aide.

Will you be culling for food? Then it is not as bad... rehoming is a challenge but very rewarding. You have some nice lookers there so best of luck!!!

If it makes you feel any better... I have & had too many bad hatch ratios and moments just like yours.
Always easy to tell when the chooks are not yours but when they are yours you stay in a denial syndrome. :thIt's true, it is a thing. I just made it up now so it is real... like, say it ain't so!!! But good ol BYC peeps yank those rose color glasses right off! Like a band aide.

Will you be culling for food? Then it is not as bad... rehoming is a challenge but very rewarding. You have some nice lookers there so best of luck!!!
Thanks for the kind words I was really hoping #2 was a girl 😕. I think I will try rehoming.

Thanks for the kind words I was really hoping #2 was a girl 😕. I think I will try rehoming.
My hatches look almost identical to yours lol and I have 2 who look like your #2 at the moment. One is for sure, for sure a boy- though, I still look and hope at 2 months lol. Strangely enough, I THINK I may actually have a pullet with these markings, though maybe just slow to mature... :hmm?
I go from one day to the next thinking... pullet :lol:! no cockerel :(...
20210427_085352~2.jpg 20210427_085500~2.jpg 20210427_085502~2.jpg
Even though her comb was red early, it has remained small and not reddened further (yet) and no wattles, "it" goes off on it's own a lot and the tail looks like it is starting to organize so....:fl:fl:fl:fl pu... pu... pullet...???

This one below is friendly, reddens and plumps more by the week and tail is staying tapered also 2 weeks? older but always progressed to boyhood.
. 20210427_085208~2.jpg
***Forgive them for going to the crappiest places in my yard to get their photos taken, though, they make the crappiest places in my yard...

I have Barred Rock, Brahma and Ameraucana parents, A little Silkie floating around from the past. The Ameraucana/silkie gene is what gives me and then dashes my hopes lol.

Back
Top Bottom