Can you postpone lockdown phase for 1 day, maybe 2?

Lai

Hatching
May 16, 2024
I was wondering if you could postpone the lockdown phase, fx if you need to travel with the egg one last time, but it's on the 18 th day unfortunately, and I do not have any equipment to hold the egg stable at warmth nor humidity.

I don't understand what you mean by traveling.

If you stop incubating for a day or two at any time during their 21 days, most likely they'll die.

I mean, if I'm on day 18, and I need to transport my egg 4-5 hours to a place, where I then stay, and set up my incubator again. And then begin the lockdown phase? Im a total newbie to this, so I don't know what to do..

I mean, if I'm on day 18, and I need to transport my egg 4-5 hours to a place, where I then stay, and set up my incubator again. And then begin the lockdown phase? Im a total newbie to this, so I don't know what to do..
You can treat it as a power outage. Need to keep the incubator wrapped up so you don't lose much heat or humidity. For transporting im not sure on that.

I've been through many a power outage with no back up in my last 5 or 6 go around. I'm sure it hurt viability to some degree but I still had a hatch out ratio I was expecting from my shipped eggs.

Back
Top Bottom