1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Can you see your coop on Google Maps?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Buff Hooligans, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Try it - type in your address, then click on Satellite view and zoom in for a closer look.

If you built your coop in the recent past, the latest satellite photo may not have been taken of your area yet. My aerial view only shows the raised vegetable beds that have been there for ten years, not the coop (yet).

Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  2. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    OMG..that is so cool! I can see our first 3 coops we built and even our pickup truck. LOL That is really neat..thanks for sharing.

Jody

3. fullhouse

fullhouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    MI
    We have too many trees to see anything. I had no idea there were so many pools around here though!

4. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    They don't have pics down close enough for me. [​IMG]

5. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    ours was from when we didnt even own the house. more than 3 years ago. and it even had a blue roof from hurricane ivan. We purchased almost an entirely new house from the damage that our house sustained from ivan. awsome deal for us.

6. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    interesting, from what I can tell the photo is more than 2 years old but less than 8. It was my grandmothers then and she was living with my aunt. And I can see tracks where my cousins kid was driving right thru the yard from their house across the street to his dads house on the other side of the field behind my house. [​IMG] the nerve. when i moved here I actually had to put up no tresspasing signs near the side yard because he and his dads family were walking right thru [​IMG]

7. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    The photo of our house is 3-4 years old. I can see our old coop, which has been removed now. The new [​IMG] yellow person thing is kinda creepy. Shows the front of your house like you're standing there looking at at! It's fairly recent-I have last years' holiday wreath hanging on the door.

8. BettyR

BettyR Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    No fair, we’re too far out in the sticks, our county road isn’t on the map. It tries to give me an approximate location but it’s not even close.

9. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    I can see ours... but there was a ton of junk from the previous owners... not us. So it's an old photo.

10. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    All I get is airplane view, can't zoom in anymore [​IMG] So much for making a stealth coop to fool the gov satellites.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by