can you suggest a good incubator?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by chickenmamalp, Dec 21, 2009.

1. chickenmamalp

chickenmamalp Chillin' With My Peeps

Good working brand good price etcc..etc....
    What features do you look for?

2. Chook-A-Holic

Chook-A-Holic Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2009
    Central, N.C.
    A little more information such as style, capacity, and quality that you are looking for would be helpful in getting opinions and recommendations for an incubator. Myself, I have a home made wine chiller converted incubator that holds up to 48 eggs. So far I have had 4 100% hatch rates with it. I also have a new Dickey cabinet incubator(288 egg capacity) and a separate Dickey hatcher. I have not used the Dickey units yet due to the winter weather. They will get their fair share of use next spring.

I can tell you this, once you hatch your first fuzzy butts you will get the incurable hatching disease. Your life will be consumed with eggs, candling, and baby chicks. Just ask a few of the members here.

3. NatalieB

NatalieB Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2009
    Ashby, MA
    I LOVE to hatch............just on a smaller scale. I have a brinsea advance, it holds 2 dozen eggs. It is soooo easy. A bit pricey, but in my opinion worth every dime. Did I mention they are having online sales at brinsea.com? LOL I would love to get the automatic humity pump.........but I won't press my luck! Whatever you get watch out the addiction is worse that crack cocaine! [​IMG]

4. Paraclete 2

Paraclete 2 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 13, 2009
    If your talking hatching is smaller numbers I would agree that the Brinsea is very hard to beat and very easy to operate. It basically does everything for you. Controls all vital functions. You just sit back and relax. A bit pricey, year but worth every penny.

5. PandoraTaylor

PandoraTaylor RT Poultry n Things

Jun 29, 2009
    Alaska
    Size, auto turner, stable Temps & Humidity!

there are many good incubators out there, or you can build your own.

I swear by Brinsea, as I used to own 2 of those! I hatched Parrot & Button Quail in the them....they were great!

http://www.brinsea.com/

6. chickenmamalp

chickenmamalp Chillin' With My Peeps

Still so confused. My husband is saying "he is a computer widower" can't stay off the site!!!!!!!!!
    Fans, Pre-set temps,Digital, wet bulbs, dry ,auto turners etc...etc....
    Don't they make one that does it all, that doesn't cost 400.00 dollars?

The only option I know I want is ,to be able to see inside.

I guess I have a lot of homework but don't have alot of time..
    more suggestions please??????????

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by