can you tell me what i have

Kool Aid Queen

Chirping
9 Years
Feb 19, 2010
Gone crazy
we got 3 ducks last yr they came with a package of chickens i got ... a fella i met wanted to get rid of birds cheep ... anyways kids love them but i forgot to ask him what kind they are ... any help would be great .. we call them gracie faith and gary not sure if they are boys or girls or what we have lol and how do i tell the difference between chicken eggs and duck eggs they share a coop right now

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh192/mopzsix/chickens/100_2531.jpg

Yep I agree with the above poster or the two blue ones might be blue cayugas. Also, duck eggs will have a waxy coating onthe outside of them.

Yep, males will have a curl like this:

njluke_3a.jpg

Duck eggs are alot bigger, also they smell horrible when frying them lol.

well thinking about our bird ... have a felling we have all girls ...
guess we will have to change from gary to hope ...
gracie faith and hope sound good ...
dont think we will see to many eggs then huh ........

well when i got home today my son could not wait to tell me what we have for ducks
i told him last night about the feather thing and even showed him the pic you posted cr
so he proudly announce we have 2 boys and 1 girl ... so when i went to get the eggs after work today sure enough
that is what we have

so now we have to give faith a new name lol grace gary and ......... will keep ya posted ...any suggestions would be great

2 male duck an 1 hen poor hen. male ducks are hard on hen ducks most of the time anyway but 2 male ducks an one hen that is not good you will want to watch because they will ride her to death..

Back
Top Bottom