Can you tell me what kind of Rabbits DS brought home?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by cluckychick, Sep 17, 2008.

1. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    We went to an auction this last Saturday and my DS bought a couple of rabbits. I haven't had rabbits since I was a child and I have no clue what kind/breed they are. They are adorable though [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thank You [​IMG]

2. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

I believe they are rex (multi) and maybe a florida white?.

I am 90% sure of it for the multi colored one.

http://www.arba.net/Breeds.htm has a list of breeds with pics.

3. chicken_boy_Kurt

chicken_boy_Kurt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    the first one looks like a netherland dwarf but is probably a mutt, and the second one is probably a mutt too

4. m_herrington

m_herrington Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2008
    ohio
    the second one looks kinda like a rex... not sure about the first one

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

They're cute whatever they are. [​IMG]

6. ParkerVA

ParkerVA Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Blue Ridge, VA
    The first one looks like it has some Hotot (or something like that, can't remember the exact spelling) in it. I am thinking they are dwarf size, or there are dwarf Hotots. Maybe a Netherland Dwarf/Hotot cross?

The other one does look like a Rex, its harlequin colored. My favorite color! It may be a mini Rex?

7. johnsmb

johnsmb Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2007
    Cathlamet, WA
    The first looks like a dwarf hotot and the second looks like a rex - with harlequin coloring. That first one is very cute!

8. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    Well, coming from an auction it is very possible they are mixed breeds, and it is hard to say without seeing them closer, knowing how much they weigh and approximately how old they are. However, my best guess, Florida White or if quite young, it could be a New Zealand White. If it is really small, it could be a Netherland Dwarf, but it's ears are way to big for a ND. The second looks like a Harlequin. It's fur does look sort of rex'ish, but its ears do not. I would guess it is pretty young, which would mean it's coat is still immature and that could be why it looks like that. OR it could be a mix.

Either way, they are very cute!

9. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    I thought Dwarf Hotot (and yes there are two sizes, Hotot and dwarf hotot) when I first saw him too, then thought they black was just a shadow. Does he have black rings around his eyes? If so, it is a hotot, pronounced hoe tote.

10. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Hmmm. No clue on the first but the second COULD be a Harlequin or cross?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by