Can you tell me what kind of Rabbits DS brought home?

cluckychick

Songster
11 Years
Mar 29, 2008
South of KCMO
We went to an auction this last Saturday and my DS bought a couple of rabbits. I haven't had rabbits since I was a child and I have no clue what kind/breed they are. They are adorable though
smile.png

100_1870.jpg

100_1871.jpg

Thank You
smile.png

The first one looks like it has some Hotot (or something like that, can't remember the exact spelling) in it. I am thinking they are dwarf size, or there are dwarf Hotots. Maybe a Netherland Dwarf/Hotot cross?

The other one does look like a Rex, its harlequin colored. My favorite color! It may be a mini Rex?

Well, coming from an auction it is very possible they are mixed breeds, and it is hard to say without seeing them closer, knowing how much they weigh and approximately how old they are. However, my best guess, Florida White or if quite young, it could be a New Zealand White. If it is really small, it could be a Netherland Dwarf, but it's ears are way to big for a ND. The second looks like a Harlequin. It's fur does look sort of rex'ish, but its ears do not. I would guess it is pretty young, which would mean it's coat is still immature and that could be why it looks like that. OR it could be a mix.

Either way, they are very cute!

I thought Dwarf Hotot (and yes there are two sizes, Hotot and dwarf hotot) when I first saw him too, then thought they black was just a shadow. Does he have black rings around his eyes? If so, it is a hotot, pronounced hoe tote.

Back
Top Bottom