Can you tell me what she is?

summerb76

Songster
11 Years
Aug 8, 2008
Lake Como, Florida
Here is a pic of my 8 week old unknown chick. She was born looking like a chipmunk. She has yellow legs unlike all my other EE's so I dont think she is an EE. She is not a NH or RI Red. I know she's not a Red Sex link too. PLease help me out if you can, I have indentafied all of my other 19 chickens but this one is the "rare chick" from MM Hatchery.

hi..buckeye?..
idunno.gif
smile.png
..heres a bump up..

I thought that RIRs were born a solid color like redish or a yellowish color...this one was chipmunk like. I am doubtful she is a RIR, but if she is thanks for the help. I am not an expert by any means!Keep the comments coming please.

a Chantecler...?...
hu.gif
..i'm going through my bird breed book...trying to see if i can spot her..lol....
smile.png

I dont see a chantacler in the MM catalog so thats not it either....red leghorn looks promiseing except for the color as chicks, maybe they can be little chipmunks like the brown leghorns (I have 3 of them). What about a sussex? Is that possible?

um..i dont think she lookes like my sussex at all...but i have a speckled sussex..so i dont know what other colors they come in...what about a redcap?...lol..trying to keep ya going..
smile.png

I guess I will say she is red leghorn
big_smile.png
I love my brown leghorns and she will be loved too. I already love her no matter what she is though. Thx for all the help!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom