Can you tell what kind of pheasant egg by looking?

Thanks @007Sean . They are a range of colors in real life but nothing that looks just tan, they all have more or less of a greenish tint. I will still be happy to hatch any, vicious little cannibal babies or not. ;)

I live on a mountain top and the wind never stops here. So, while I can provide a draft free building part of a pen, outside has a near-constant breeze-to-gale. When it stops you gasp and look around and wonder what just happened, then it hits you, the wind is gone. For a moment.
Real temp has gotten down to -14F, and you don't even want to think about wind-chill. Every year, one or two male ringnecks, likely release birds, will winter around the buildings and I'll put feed out for them. While they vanish in mid to late spring, they do tell me that ringnecks can survive our harsh location. I'm hesitant to try others, for fear they'd suffer. I can't even keep banty chickens unless I bring them in and keep them in a dog crate in my kitchen all winter - they're just too small to survive the cold :(

While I can, and will, if needed, bring a trio of pheasants inside for the winter, I'm pretty sure none of us would be thrilled about it. Do you guys think red-goldens could take the winters described?

Most pheasant breeds can handle the cold,but you need to provide a draft free roosting area for them in the cold months.Your peacock pheasants,Argus,and firebacks are the only birds that can't handle the cold.Some grey peacock pheasants will climatize,as I have 2 breeding pairs which are cold Hardy.Their penis covered with 10 mil vapor barrier and no heat at all is provided.The hens usually lay their first egg of the year in Feb.They are housed with cockatiels,diamond doves,Rosella's,and bourkes parakeets which are raised outside year round.
In N.H.,Tony.

Back
Top Bottom