can you travel with 4 week old chicks?

Can we put it into a bit more perspective...... it’s not 5hrs and then leaving the chicks there it’s 5 hours each way not including stops for the bathroom food etc which means it’s actually a 10hour+ drive....

It always frustrates me when people ask a question and then expect the answers to be what they want to hear. There are heaps of knowledgeable people on here so it's best to listen to them. It seems that giving straight answers these days is seen as rude?? Idk. Anyway, if the OP's aunt is happy to see dead little fluffy chicks then I'd say go ahead.

It always frustrates me when people ask a question and then expect the answers to be what they want to hear. There are heaps of knowledgeable people on here so it's best to listen to them. It seems that giving straight answers these days is seen as rude?? Idk. Anyway, if the OP's aunt is happy to see dead little fluffy chicks then I'd say go ahead.
yeah i do agree with that too, but i think some were being exessively sharp.

I don’t recommend it for reasons mentioned but it may depend on how long your visit will be. Every weekend my chicks would travel with me to my acreage for a few days and they did fine. But that’s only 1 hour away. I didn’t have anyone to tend to them. But yes, they really do stress about it and 5 hours is a long time to be away from heat. When I went on a week long trip I had my daughter tend to them while I was gone, they were about as old as your chicks are now and were staying in a brooder in my basement....she called to let me know they had got out one night🙄. Lots of poo had to be cleaned up throughout my house before I got home! She didn’t close the door to the basement so they had a fun night running a muck. So as much fun as it would be to take them, certainly might not be the best option for them.

I do have to add... my original post was deleted... not because it broke rules but because it was so down the line matter of fact this is what will more than happen.... I wasn’t rude or disrespectful in any way... I was upfron and truthful

My farms 2 hours away I carry mine back and forth from time to time in a rubbermaid tote throw their food and water tubs in the tote and carry a heat lamp. They ride shotgun, I've done this with ducks,chicks,quail with no issues. My truck has a 120 volt plug in the dash I've even took my incubator back and forth plugged in hatching chicks along the way. :D

I realized that ‘rude’ seems a little harsh, but the thread starter didn’t mean to make a big mistake. They were probably just curious and excited about their new chicks and thought it was a great opportunity to show their friends. While I agree it seems unnecessarily stressful, and won’t be good for the chicks, we can’t blame the thread starter for being curious. When we think someone is making a big mistake, we can gently let them know and gently give them other options. I personally think that if someone said something like that to me, I would be hurt and upset, although I am a rather sensitive person, although I would (hopefully) realize it was not going to be a good choice and not take the chicks. I hope you understand.
yes this the first tome i have had chickens and keep in mind i am only a kid

Back
Top Bottom