Can you use this size wood for coop?

dr8goons

Songster
11 Years
May 23, 2008
VA
Im still trying to fiquare out my coop and i got to thinking i have over 300 2x10 i dont know what to do with. Is it possable to make a coop out of 2x10 boards if i used 2x6 which i have alot of two to make the frame? i'm at a total loss of what to do with. if not does anyone have pigs to know if they would work on a pig or goat house?Thanks for any advice im new to all livestock and have know idea which one is best

Oh yes, you can make a coop with that!!
clap.gif

Any ideas of where to find ideas to do it like that? would it be best to put them on longways or the longest way going from the top to the bottem?

Sure. Get a table saw, rip fence and a decent combinatiom blade and you can have any dimensional lumber you need with those 2 x' 10s.

Used as is, they will give a stout coop.

you dont need fancy, you just need shelter and protection. Use your imagination and make something of that bounty.

300 2 x 10's?? Man that could keep me busy for a long time!

I wouldn't rip them down, myself -- hate to take nice big pieces and make them into common-as-dirt little pieces
wink.png
There are too many things in life where you *need* 2x10s, like for beams or rafters over long spans.

So I'd either swap or sell them for some 2x4s, 2x6s and plywood; or I would save them for another project and keep on scrounging for the coop; or I would make make a 2x4 frame and use them as siding. (Which is still kinda overkill, but it will look nice and last a real long time
smile.png
)

JMO,

Pat

Do recall, Pat, that the OP has THREE HUNDRED of them.

Holy Cow! You could rafter the Taj Mahal, side your coops and still have plenty left over to save OR cut down.

Ah, sweeeeet bounty.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom