Can you worm chickens with Safe Guard?

Like this kind http://www.jefferslivestock.com/safe-guard-dewormer-for-goats/camid/LIV/cp/I6-SK/
If so how much do I administer and how often? Also how long for egg withdrawal?
Thank you

Yes you can use it. I just got through using the same wormer a couple weeks ago. Use a syringe without a needle to administer orally to each chicken. Dosage is 1cc for giants, 3/4cc for large fowl, 1/2cc for standards, 1/4cc for smaller birds. Redose again in 10 days. Withdrawal start to finish is 24 days.

Last edited:
Quote:
How did you get this #?

The bottle says 6 days for slaughter. It would be 10 days then six. So 16 days start to finish.

And if you read the UK sites it states that flubenvet has no egg withdrawl time. Just meat for 7 days. Its states to put the powder Fubenvet in the feed for 7 days.

So could you explain?

Last edited:
1/4cc for smaller birds. Redose again in 10 days.

Do you use the same dosage for Serama's as the 1/4 cc for smaller birds?

I have used Safe Guard to worm for years on other animals and it works better
than anything I've ever tried. We use it for our dog and cats, as well as the
horses, but I've never tried it on the chickens yet, because I couldn't find out
a dosage. Thanks for posting it!
smile.png

Would anyone care to guess how much a 10 week old lavender Orpington weighs?
Can I just put the dosage on a piece of bread?

Im also curious if I can run antibiotics during the same time frame as the wormer and if not which one would I be better off doing first?

Yes I'm lost :)

Would anyone care to guess how much a 10 week old lavender Orpington weighs?
Can I just put the dosage on a piece of bread?

Im also curious if I can run antibiotics during the same time frame as the wormer and if not which one would I be better off doing first?

Yes I'm lost
smile.png
You can put 1/4cc safeguard liquid goat wormer on a piece of bread and give it to your Orp. I never recommend giving antibiotics while using wormers at the same time and visa versa. Use the wormer first, wait 5 days then use the antibiotic only if necessary.

Last edited:
Thank you so much.

This chicken business is starting to look a little more serious. You hear or read all the "rules" for raising birds and don't really think much about it...until it happens to you.

If I give my chickens, who are about 18 weeks old safeguard. For I give 1/4th CC on a piece of bread, I think that's a great idea and give them each the same dose. They're all about the same weight. They have not started laying eggs yet so would I still be able to eat the eggs

Back
Top Bottom