Status
Not open for further replies.

Illia

Crazy for Colors
10 Years
Oct 19, 2009
Forks, WA
- - - - - UPDATE - - NOTICE - - - - -

My Wheatens are not laying enough for this auction to end with a full 6 eggs. I am letting you all know, so if possible, I'd love that this auction get locked or something. I am so sorry for the bad news! I got 3 eggs, and now production has been too slow to end with the promised minimum. So, for when production picks up again to a number I can trust, I am open to requests for egg purchases via PM.

This auction I'd prefer be ended though. So sorry!

5394985786_55c8bf7615_z.jpg

5266867137_368f9f5cda_z.jpg

5566490871_df6b0d51ba_z.jpg

5566527473_bc09dc4943_z.jpg

Marans are a large dual purpose French breed with extreme cold hardiness and a quiet, laid-back, and friendly nature. They're known for their dark eggs but also serve very well as a self-sufficient dual purpose flock. Males can reach beyond 9 lbs and are known for their sizable legs, giving drumsticks that few breeds can beat! Marans are also an occasional to frequently broody breed. My one Blue Wheaten pullet I once had went broody just after laying her first 11 eggs.

As an additional note, 2 out of 3 of my Wheaten hens have been known to lay unique, prolific "purple" eggs. This trait is very likely to pass on to what you hatch. These "purple" eggs are simply an extra coating over the egg causing a lilac hue, and only happens once every 3-6 eggs, but is something to treasure in your egg basket!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom