Cancer

Peoples

Songster
6 Years
Mar 4, 2017
East Tennessee
Hello this is in follow up to yesterday post regarding emaciated chicken not eating. Went to avain vet today. All test turned up fine. Suspected internal cancer that was not visbile via xray and put to rest as to not suffer. Vet will do the necropsy. My question is could there be environmental explanation for cancer in birds? I lost two others over year ago to cancer all from different breeds and breeders and ages..I find it odd to have 3 in 3 years die due to cancer.

Wow, 3 in as many years, with the commonality being in your coop/run. That would make me wonder if there were something in my soil or water. Can you get them tested? For what, I'm not sure, as I don't know what could cause cancer in chickens.

Have you told your vet that this isn't the first bird to have cancer? I'd start there. If my birds are getting cancer, I'd wonder if the humans in my household are at risk.

Having the necropsy done may tell you something. Please share what you find, if you're able. Thank you.

Wow, 3 in as many years, with the commonality being in your coop/run. That would make me wonder if there were something in my soil or water. Can you get them tested? For what, I'm not sure, as I don't know what could cause cancer in chickens.

Have you told your vet that this isn't the first bird to have cancer? I'd start there. If my birds are getting cancer, I'd wonder if the humans in my household are at risk.

Having the necropsy done may tell you something. Please share what you find, if you're able. Thank you.
Same vet has diagnosed. The first two had tumor in mouth and or back of throat. Theu we're older birds of roughly 5 to 6 years old. This one today no visible tumors so nercropsy should indicate if internal. Today's birds less then 2 years old.

Back
Top Bottom