Candeling eggs... a couple lit up BLUE?

Bribaby

In the Brooder
8 Years
Feb 27, 2011
So Cal
What makes the inside of a Coturnix egg blue? I've cracked one before, and the inside was a bright blue color? I thought it was just that once, but I candeled the eggs last night and a couple more glowed blue?

Wow, I have never heard of that for any species! Just commenting to keep the thread alive and because I would like to know too!!

The main shell color can be anything from white, green, blue or brown. Then the egg goes through the "paint factory" and gets the spots and browning colors.
I have a lot of blue inside shells on my eggs but again I also have white, brown and a couple that I would call green.

Quote:
I'd be a little worried if I got a green inside shell...
sickbyc.gif
LOL I like the blue ones, they light up nice
smile.png

Quote:
I'd be a little worried if I got a green inside shell...
sickbyc.gif
LOL I like the blue ones, they light up nice
smile.png

gig.gif

They have pretty colors and many people even make art from the shells..

I eat green eggs all the time
wink.png

From my EE
64807_101_1005.jpg

Last edited:
the outside color here lately I have gotten very few normals I have been getting green blue and kina OD green/ tannish I do have a nuke power plant about 40-50 miles north west of me LOL and I live 1 mile due west of one of the most polluted rivers on the east coast who knows
smile.png
the river is the southern branch of the Elisabeth river

EE eggs don't count! Plus the outside looks perfectly normal, it's the inside that's blue... probably means it was a boy
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom