Candle warmer incubator

Delmar

Songster
9 Years
Nov 26, 2010
Indiana, a dozen miles from MI
I'm thinking of using a $5 candle warmer as the heat source for a small incubator. Less fragile than a light bulb and less likely to burn out.
original_candle_warmer.jpg

anybody ever try it? Mrs Delmar has a couple of them laying around. If I get the hatch done before the heating season ends I might not even need a thermostat. Just hook it to a dimmer switch to regulate the temp and keep it in a 70 degree room.

Might also work well inside a cookie tin, as a water heater, instead of a light fixture and bulb. If it puts out enough heat it would. P think I'll post this idea on that thread as well.

Did it work?

I'm thinking of doing this so my sister can bring me some eggs when she visits for Thanksgiving.

I'm testing a setup right now, but only got it to 90 degrees today. Maybe it needs more time? I just didn't want to melt the container so I checked it every hour. lol.

I just put a mirror on top an hour ago to see if that will help reflect the heat back.

I don't have the jar of water on top of the warmer, I thought it would evaporate too fast. It's next to it right now. Should I put the jar on top?

I'm thinking of using a $5 candle warmer as the heat source for a small incubator. Less fragile than a light bulb and less likely to burn out.
original_candle_warmer.jpg

anybody ever try it? Mrs Delmar has a couple of them laying around. If I get the hatch done before the heating season ends I might not even need a thermostat. Just hook it to a dimmer switch to regulate the temp and keep it in a 70 degree room.
OMgosh I have a story about those things. My daughter got me one for Christmas with a bunch of candles and such, well I neglected to read the directions and was cleaning and thought lets use the candle warmer and make things smell good, well to make a long story short.....Always have a glass holder for your candles, it will melt all over the place
ep.gif
and never work again and make you upset, throw it in the trash, then.....
he.gif

Back
Top Bottom