candled Araucana eggs on day 17 is it meant to be pitch black?

MrViskers

Songster
8 Years
May 15, 2011
Australia
I have 6 araucana eggs sitting in my incubator and i candled the eggs for the last time and some of the eggs have the large air cell and have a tiny black scrunchy like mass floating at the bottom while one is just pitch black and all my other eggs from my leghorn and isa brown are also pitch black. My lavender araucana hen always produces dodgy eggs for hatching is the small black mass at the bottom of the eggs a sign of embryo death?
hmm.png

the mass takes up like half the egg while the remainder is just clear and the air cell.

The temp has always been the same since i bought the incubator last year, I just adjusted the temp turner thingy to the average temp according to the user's manual and have never touched it since, I have hatched some chicks in the past, I have no clue what i am doing wrong and I have put a persian rug underneath the incubator to keep the temp within the incubator, oh and by the way i turn the eggs by hand a few time everyday so that means I am opening the lid of the bator so I can do the egg turning. could this be a spike in temp, though i always touch the bator lid and it just goes back to the heat as it was before i opened it

The temp has always been the same since i bought the incubator last year, I just adjusted the temp turner thingy to the average temp according to the user's manual and have never touched it since, I have hatched some chicks in the past, I have no clue what i am doing wrong and I have put a persian rug underneath the incubator to keep the temp within the incubator, oh and by the way i turn the eggs by hand a few time everyday so that means I am opening the lid of the bator so I can do the egg turning. could this be a spike in temp, though i always touch the bator lid and it just goes back to the heat as it was before i opened it

It's not the temp that is the issue, it's the humidity. Have you added water>?

Back
Top Bottom