Candled the eggs....

SGM

Songster
11 Years
Aug 18, 2008
Easley, SC
And only 7 of 18 have embryos developing. On a good note I have more coming today to be set. I'm a bit disappointed but I think it could be a lot of factors why they aren't developing. Starting with my first attempt in years! Ha! Anyway, I'll candle again in a few more days to be sure before I toss any.

It has occured to me my incubator is in the worse place. Its near the brooders which are horribly dusty and I just don't have a stable room temperature elsewhere to hatch. I mean the house ac is throughout the house, plus I have cats and I am almost positive they wouldn't leave the bator alone during hatching. So my bedroom is the last choice and we run a fan at night and it gets chilly in there at night. So I don't know what to do.

If you have the bator in the best place you can find, you are doing all you can. Maybe you could put some sort of barrier up around the bator to protect against the effects of the fan.
We run a fan in our bedroom at night too and I know it stays cooler.

Good Luck With Your Hatches

I wish I could just keep it in here in the den but I am so scared the cats will flip it off the table or sleep on it or who knows what. I do love my cats but they can be pains sometimes when it comes to things like this.
tongue.png

I have my bator in my bedroom with door closed. I run a fan at night as well, but since I started the eggs I've left it on all the time so the temp in the room stays more consistent.

I keep my incubator in my living room closet. The cats don't even know its there and it keeps me from seeing it constantly and thinking about hatch day! Also it keeps it free from drafts.

I keep my incubators in my room with the door closed as well. In my new house there is a small room off the living room I am going to use for incubators.
Yes, I would candle again, dont toss yet!
smile.png

I almost put mine in the closet but there was no plug in there so it's in the laundry room now. It's been pretty good so far...

My den closet serves as the feed room for my goats and chickens so if I could managed to squeeze it in there it would still be very dusty.

When I incubated eggs 3 years ago I used my bedroom closet but the a/c unit is on the otherside of the wall and it pulls a lot of air from it so its very drafty.

I set a bunch more eggs. A lot of new eggs from my hens. I also was suppose to pick-up a dozen eggs today from the gentleman who raises show birds but with the van out of commission we didn't make it up there to get them.
sad.png
My bator will be full when I get them though.

Back
Top Bottom