Candles

archeryrob

Songster
Aug 3, 2018
Western Maryland
Anyone make candles here? I have rendered deer fat down and seen people use it for candles straight. I did render it for Black powder wads in shooting, but one deer makes more than I can use in 10 years once cut with beeswax.

I was looking for some other craft type uses and candles came into my head. I am looking for simple wicks and scents. I might buy the scents as the wife can be picky, but I would like stay with what I can gather for some of the latter stuff I make after learning. Any natural scents? Any candle makers on here?

I make candles but have never used rendered fat for them. I have considered making candles from bacon fat though. Who wouldn't love a house filled with the smell of bacon? I buy my scents and wicks online. I know people make oils from plants but I have never tried that. I will be following along to see how yours turn out.

I was instructed, by she who must be obeyed, that "It better smell like cinnamon, and not deer, or you can burn the damn things in the garage." So there is that. :hmm

We had a townhouse when younger and I tried some of my primitive hobbies in the house and surprisingly, we are still married. :D Although I think I might have tested a few of her limits, unintentionally though.

I want to stick around to see what happens when you light one.
What the instructor says.
:pop

Back
Top Bottom