1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Candling egg question

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ChickyGal, Oct 3, 2007.

1. ChickyGal

ChickyGal Out Of The Brooder

Jun 10, 2007
    I candled my eggs that has been under a bantam Cochin for 8 days now and the stuff inside looks wiggly (they are brown eggs). When I placed them over the candle box I made the insides really did wiggle a lot by just setting them on the box and turning them around. Is this normal? Would they be be rotten? There is definitely growth in there. I do not ever remember this happening before when I candled eggs. Of course I didn't jiggle them around a lot but it was extremely easy to notice.
    Any help you can offer will be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Shirley

2. hatchcrazzzy

hatchcrazzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2007
    kemp texas
    at eight days the babies will move around in the egg . you may be seeing its heart beating [​IMG]

3. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I think you can see the heart beat up to three days because after that the body of the chick starts to form and you'll just see the body as a shadow as a whole. At 7 days you should be able to see feet if you have a very high power candler! I bet they are good! A bad egg would have a red blood ring or no movement at all.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by